Saturday, July 27, 2013

Shirley Mugging! Chocolate Brownie Cake

You know those microwaveable desserts that you can buy at the store? Well, Shirley offers gluten-free microwaveable desserts now. I recently tried the Chocolate Brownie Cake mix.

This tastes more like a cake than it does a brownie.
I would recommend this product, but I would alter the directions it gives you.

The instructions say to add 1/4 cup chocolate chips to the mix, and then to add some to the top after it comes out of the microwave. IGNORE THIS. This makes it overpoweringly chocolate chipy, and you can't taste the cake at all when you get about halfway through because there are way too many chocolate chips.
I would add about 10 chocolate chips inside it, and then put some real frosting on the top. The chocolate chips alone weren't cutting it for me.

As long as you make the changes that I suggest, I think this could be a very delightful little treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment