Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix

My grandma gave me this bread mix last month and I've been hesitant to try it... mostly due to the fact that every other gluten-free bread mix I've tried was a complete waste of time. They were all nasty. Today I decided that I would just make it. 
I don't have a heavy duty mixer or a bread machine, so I used my own two hands (and a wooden spoon) to mix the dough. I was a little worried when I let it sit for 35 minutes and it never rose. I stuck it in the oven anyway. Well, I guess it didn't need to rise in the pan because (to my relief) it rose plenty in the oven. I pulled it out, cut it, and put a big slab of butter on it, and guess what? I really liked it! I would recommend this mix to anyone. I would just say to not expect the dough to rise much (or at all) before you put it in the oven.  



2 comments: